A Dramatis Personae, if you will, of significant individuals (whether or not they were intended to be by the GM at the time or not) within the DDC campaign:
These thumbnail descriptions are provided by their players and will be updated as and when deemed necessary.
- Alfonso – Always impeccably turned out, usually in his duelist’s attire, Alfonso is a young halfling man; about 3’2″ tall with tidy brown hair, a perfectly pointed beard and deep brown eyes, barely visible behind the elaborate bravado mask he wears when he duels. Alfonso was born in Cindermire to a wealthy family and, though he received a fine education and lived much of his life in safety and security, he was inspired by tales of swashbuckling adventurers and found himself in need of a touch more excitement. A few years back, he took to the road with his older brother Rodrigo and they travelled together for a while before parting ways with promises of stories and songs to be shared when next they meet. While on the road he has mainly earned his coin as a trained duelist or as a storyteller; though sometimes, if needs must, he is more than able to lighten the purse of the right person through charm, deceit or a quick flex of his nimble fingers.Alfonso is a lover of good food, good wine and good company; he’s quick with a joke but always ready to turn serious in defence of his honour or the honour of his friends and family if the need arises.
- Briar – a young half-orc druid with dappled green-grey skin, dark red hair, rich brown eyes and a smile like sunlight. Raised in a large, sprawling cottage in the Mosswood, Briar has always been fascinated by the mysteries and secrets of the wild; a fascination which has grown and deepened in the wake of a strange fey vision. Spurred on by that vision, and to distract from a recent heartbreak, Briar has set his sights on exploration, rekindling a fierce childhood desire to follow in his parents’ footsteps and see the world for himself. He has been travelling for three months and, despite the joy he finds in seeing new places and meeting new people, Briar misses his home; sometimes so much that it hurts. He is ill at ease in crowded towns and cities and he longs with all his heart for the day he can follow his feet back to his parents’ cosy woodland hearth with a myriad of stories to tell.
- Caeluma – Physical Description: Dark red skin, purple eyes, black hair, long tail, purple horns and very sharp canines. Usually wearing long dresses with slits in the sides, 2 holsters on either thigh for their daggers, a cloak and boots, sometimes gloves. Their preferred weapons are a spear and their 2 daggers. This is Caeluma Gladia Argentum-Scientia, birth name: Caela Ba’Orla, born to human parents and raised in Newthrone in Q’Barra. Her mother tried for years to provide a child for her husband, and so made a pact with a demon and Caeluma was born. For a split second their mother loved them, until realising something was wrong, and quickly that love turned to hate. Their father doted on them, until their mother became pregnant and in time poisoned their father against them. In time they were driven from the family home at the age of 15 and quickly found a purpose, and devoted themselves to that purpose, but quickly the people they grew to know and love found out their secret, and so they were ditched. After that, they cut themselves off emotionally and set out to use their powers for dubious means, scheming and swindling those unlucky to meet them. But recently they realised they weren’t happy, and have decided to find their own family. They enjoy camping, knitting, reading and apple juice.
- Kerne – Dragonborn, of seemingly humanoid parents, who have dragonesque qualities about them. The 4th of 5 children, and is closest to her youngest sibling – Fae – whom she inadvertently set on fire as a small child. It was this incident that got her evicted from the family home & truly began her journey of curiosity which led to her becoming the youngest professor of Arcana & Lore at the local University
- Valenia – a half orc with pale green skin and white hair, hailing from a small town to the southeast of goldmire in the shadow marches, hunting for her town from an early age, she has felt there was more to the world, she is no stranger to travel but only within the borders of the shadow marches, she views the world through very curious and niave eyes, she is shy but can step up when she looses patience, her trusty bow whisperwind, is made from the antlers of the first buck she killed, carved intricately carved over the years each spiral and marking a memory
- Harald – one of the shepherds who found the lost temple near Fort Light. Told his tale when plied with beer and spoken to honestly.
- Johann – one of the shepherds who found the lost temple. Ventured in to investigate and was slain by the undead within. His body was found and retrieved by the DDC.
- Keene – landlord of The Golden Fleece, the inn in Rhender where the DDC is staying. Slightly stand-offish, but not averse to plying the group with their favoured drinks when their antics are entertaining the locals.
- Mergane Merrydown – Secretary of Orcish Archaelogy at Wynarn University, Fairhaven, Aundair. A cheery and slightly giddy halfling academic acting as sponsor to the DDC as they begin their investigations. Has a pet Iron Defender and a small dinosaur roughly the size of a parrot that enjoyed being treated by the characters.
- Ronald (last name unknown) – a waiter and bartender on the Fairhaven to Fort Light route on their lightning rail journey for the DDC’s first adventure. Unflappable and unerringly polite, especially with first time travellers and those unused to coinage exchange rates.
- SPD-187 (“Speedy”) – a warforged ex-soldier employed at the Training Grounds near Wynarn University.